As you can see below, several improvements and adjustments are taking place, whether in terms of gameplay itself, optimization or player development. If most of these effects will be available in your current game, for those affecting rules and competitions, they will only be taken into account when starting a new game.
You can find the FM 22.2.0 Update 2022 patch notes below. If you are looking for young players, we have put together a guide to the nuggets on FM 2022.
FM 22.2.0 Update 2022
Stability and technique
- Fixes for stability and crashing issues.
- Optimization improvements.
- Fixed Mac versions launching the game without the correct zoom settings.
- Corrected sound "test" button in Preferences.
Match Engine 188.8.131.52
- Decreased effectiveness of corners near the posts.
- Various fixes to different areas of the game, such as defensive teams keeping possession too well and inflating possession stats to unrealistic levels.
- Fix for goalkeepers not being scored on attacking set pieces.
- Adjustments made to throw-ins.
- Many improvements to the overall engine balance.
- Adjustments to the pace of development of young players.
- Adjustments to the decline rate of older players.
- Adjustments to the generation of new generation staff at the start of the game.
- Improved the distribution of new generations in inactive nations.
- The player's lore persists longer after the player's trial ends.
- Logic fix to prevent players from complaining about a lack of game time when starting almost every match as a starter.
- Added Last Day of Transfer Experience for the Elite Division in Norway and Denmark.
- Improvements on loan applications and negotiations.
- Improved the logical distribution of AI trainer favorite formations.
- More realistic job security pressure for newly appointed international coaches.
- Fixed issue with leaders illogically worrying about new recruits playtime.
- News items no longer incorrectly display that the player wants to join the club because it's bigger when it doesn't.
- Fixes to roster registration.
- Fixed in Argentina, Romania and Denmark where the vision of leaders was not saved correctly.
- Trainer morale is no longer erroneously displayed as catastrophic.
- A positive reaction after interaction now always displays correctly.
- Fantasy Draft improvements to initial budget options, how keep waiting is displayed, and auto-choices.
- Many other improvements and fixes.
Competitions and rule groups
- Number of matches in the Croatian second division corrected from 2022/23.
- Fix for new Turkish generations now appearing as FP players for registration.
- Using Auto-Select no longer incorrectly counts as new registration changes in China.
- Added Canadian team qualification for 2024+ NACL.
- Added Canadian team qualification for NAL.
- JD and JJD MLS rules now assigned correctly.
- Many other fixes, rule updates and schedule changes across many nations/leagues.
arts and entertainment
- Fixed several issues with players sliding/teleporting during animations in the 3D match engine.
- Fixed player names not always appearing in the 2D match engine.
- Fixed various jersey related issues.
- Multiple fixes to 3D environment backgrounds, including team management rooms and jerseys/badges.
- Improvements to how hairstyles and eyebrows are chosen for new generations.
- Fixed an issue where action buttons on inbox recruiting meeting items would stick out or get cut off in some resolutions.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling through the Player Finder list with the arrow keys on the keyboard would cause the highlighted item to reset to the top of the list.
- Fixed an issue where bench notifications about substitutions were not showing player shirts.
- Fixed an issue that made it difficult to read player transfer amounts on some screens.
- Fixed an issue in Data Center where analysis tooltips closed unexpectedly when certain items were highlighted.
- Fixed an issue in the set piece creator where the instruction marker was obscuring the player's position.
- Fixed an issue in Staff Search where realistic hiring boxes sometimes did not work properly.
- Fixed an issue where resizing a custom column containing a player's transfer value could cause the value to be unreadable.
- Fixed an issue where the Individual Training panel would cause the item to reset towards the top of the roster after selecting a player.
- Fixed an issue where the team stats view on the sideline tablet would reset between matches.
- Added a counter to show remaining entries in a recruitment update.
- Fixed errors in the display of numeric units in Korean currency.
- Opposition shirt icons now appear consistently after a substitution.
- Cut text on Club Info > Profile now has a scroll bar.
- Loan report now shows monthly charges rather than "estimated £0".
- Morale icon no longer displays for non-players.
- Many other improvements and fixes.
- Departure dates now appear in the base rules made with the pre-game editor.
- Created unassigned players now appear in edited databases.
- Fixed ability to add lower cups and divisions in some nations.
- Many other editor-specific improvements and fixes.