Thus, the first draft is similar to a demo, as we expected. Do not expect to be able to enjoy the full experience, only offline matches with a limited choice of teams (FC Barcelona, FC Bayern Munich, Juventus, Manchester United, Arsenal FC, SC Corinthians Paulista, CR Flamengo, CA River Plate, São Paulo FC). It will also be possible to face a friend, or to play cross-play online on PlayStation and Xbox (with rewards at stake).
This version will arrive on September 30, 2021.
For the rest, we will have to wait a little longer, until the release of the eFootball 2022's first major update, which will introduce several game modes, including:
- Creative Teams
- Players will be able to sign footballers and coaches that match their preferred formation and tactics, train them and strengthen them to compete against other players around the world. In eFootball 2022, players will have the ability to target the signings they want the most, making team building even more accessible
- Challenge Event
- Players will compete against other players online and must complete assigned objectives in order to earn rewards
- Online Quick Match
- Players will be able to engage in an online friendly match against other players with a selection of over 600 licensed clubs/teams, using cross-platform matchmaking (PC and consoles only)
- Online Match Lobby
- Players will be able to create an online match room and invite other players for a 1vs1 encounter
- eFootball Creative League
- In this league, players will be able to use their Creative Team to compete against other players to become the best in the world. They will need to earn points to be promoted to the next league level, and will earn rewards based on their performance during each of the 10 stages
- Tour Event
- Players will have to compete against the AI in a tour format and earn rewards by accumulating Event Points
Subsequently, updates will be implemented for long-term monitoring. Regarding the name, Konami clarified that the name of the platform was eFootball, but that the first season of content was called eFootball 2022, to match the current football season.